180 CFX……

Forums RotorTown Electric Helis 180 CFX……

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 4 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 592 times
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Well, Blade did it again, they found a way to take some more cash. For a micro nonetheless…

Yes, its still a Blade, but like they got things right with the 200 SRX as a solid fixed pitch, they seem to have gotten an awful lot of things right with this one too… A micro with flight characteristics of a 450 IMO.

Maybe I got lucky, maybe they are getting better, but I have treated mine like a true BNF model. I did nothing but set-up my TX per the manual, charge the battery, and fly and have been thoroughly impressed by the little thing. Flew perfect out of the box and is VERY capable.

Note, this is NOT a beginner CP heli, maybe not even intermediate. It is turning insane head speeds (5kish?) and is quite a handful, but in a good way. Also note that its not an mCPX, crashing will almost certainly = repair. That said, its designed much better from a repair / maintenance perspective with beefy / easy to work on gears. Torque tubes are known to break in crashes, but are inexpensive and come in 2 packs, and is likely an under 5 minute ordeal to replace one.

Finally, a fly anywhere small space micro that is capable of more than I am at the moment… Piro compensation that works, an incredibly solid tail, and  plenty of governed power.

Big thumbs up from me, but if you’re planning on crashing you may want to wait a little until Horizon / Blade has better spare parts availability.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.