Blade 200 SRX

Forums RotorTown Electric Helis Blade 200 SRX

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 7 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 785 times
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, so, here’s a change of pace…. The Blade 200 SRX… Its fixed pitch, and its a Blade. 2 things which I didn’t think would appeal to me anymore.. Well, they hit a home run with this little bird.

I refused several times to fly Whitt’s when he got it as I knew it would end in me adding one to the fleet.. After seeing it fly for a few times, the inevitable happened regardless, and I’m glad it did. This little thing is a hoot.

Interestingly, as I got into heli’s I had never owned or even flown a coax or fixed pitch of any kind, so the first flights felt very odd to me to say the least and were actually a bit sketchy.

At the end of the day, here’s the thing, the 200 has a lot to teach a heli pilot, it flies great, and thus far has been reliable as well. If you read comments on this, there are a lot of folks saying its under powered, fragile, and whatnot, but honestly, it needs to be flown for what it is.

Is it underpowered, maybe a touch, but that it something to learn from as well. An overpowered heli can cause you to neglect focusing on skills like collective (or in this case throttle) management. This one makes you think about that, and again, I’m learning from that fact…

It does also have “safe” modes which vary the maximum “bank angle” you can achieve with cyclic input, and will level the 200 if you bring the cyclic stick to center. Great for beginners. The least aggressive probably shouldn’t be flown in much except for true beginners on first flights, it can actually be difficult to fly and behaves much like a coax I guess. You really need to provide a ton of input just to get it to move around.

At the other end of the spectrum, in “agility” mode, there are no restrictions / interference and it flies great.

All said, if you already fly heli’s, or are interested in getting into the rotary side of our hobby, I’d highly recommend grabbing one. Great for beginners and plenty to teach the more experienced as well. Most of all, its just great fun in a small package…

Datalyss
    Keymaster

Now your hooked … like the rest of us !!  lol

I like the little Heli & agree it does teach collective management.  I’ve been flying mine since the end of April and love it.  I will fly it a few flights first before progressing to a larger helicopter just to hone my skills.

Watch the Hawks … & they'll find the thermals

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, I’ve had it for a while now, just hadn’t made time to write up a post about it.

I really need to start using it to practice backward flight.. Its the perfect candidate.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.