FAA LEO Guidelines

Forums General Chat FAA LEO Guidelines

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GJordan
    Participant

This was sent from a club member. Guidelines for local law enforcement

Gary Jordan

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Datalyss
    Keymaster

Every one please be aware that the FAA is serious about UAS & R/C model’s REGISTRATION MARKINGS along with NO FLY ZONES & is empowering local law enforcement to enact it’s guidelines!

Watch the Hawks … & they'll find the thermals

GJordan
    Participant

This was meant for general info for the club. The deadline for FAA reg.is still Febuary an AMA is still not recomending sign up atd this point. When AMA changes its stance we will let everyone know.

Gary Jordan

JStubbs
    Participant

I also want to add that the AMA is asking us to hold off on registration.

http://www.rvrc.org/WP/forums/topic/faa-leo-guidelines/

This is to help with their case against the FAA.

We have until 2/19/16 to register without penalty.

He is a link to the FAQ on AMA

site.http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/amagov/2015/12/17/frequently-asked-questions-about-the-drone-registration-process/

If you plan on flying other places than a AMA sanction flying club field then you might want to register yourself and mark you aircraft.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 2 months ago by JStubbs.

If you read it on the internet it has to be true!

President RVRC

I really don’t think holding off registering is going to do any good.  The AMA sold everyone out.  You might as well register and be done with it.  Now you can really see the value of the AMA.  They collect your money and they never pay out on any claim.  hmmm sure seems like a hobby shake down at its best.  La familia must be jealous of the organization that they have made.

Anonymous
    Inactive

On the upside, registration took all of 1.5 minutes if I count taking out my wallet to pull out a credit card..

It’ll take longer to find a silver sharpie in my work area to write the number on with. 🙂

JStubbs
    Participant

Ok so now I guess we need to register.

Here is a link with all the info on the AMA position. If you want to watch the video it is the FAA at the AMA Expo. It is over a hour long but you get a good idea about what has been going on. The Q&A session pretty much answers all the questions.

http://www.suasnews.com/2016/01/41199/ama-seems-to-change-position-on-registration/#print

The biggest question that concerns the AMA Clubs in my opinion is the 400ft rule. Its not a set rule yet just a guide line. After watching the video I feel like that will be address when it comes to Modeling for recreation or what is referred to as Community base originations ie:AMA.

The AMA is saying to move ahead with the registration because they and the FAA can’t get the information sharing worked out in time to keep AMA members from having to have 2 different reg numbers on their aircraft (UAS).

If you read it on the internet it has to be true!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.