Foamie Pylon Racing

Forums Airplanes Electric Airplanes Foamie Pylon Racing

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    GJordan
    Participant

Flew my rocket ship last weekend. Gotta say I was intimidated when Whit’s took off. HOLY CRAP them things are quick.
    Launched mine and had a RIOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Best damn 100 bucks I ever spent.
    Looking forward to some more runs on it.
    EVERYONE has to see one of these pulling a half Cuban 8
    I swear they ACCELERATE on the up line from full speed
    Everyone is going to love these things

Patch
    Participant

I was lucky enough to get the Chef to clock the bear with a radar gun at 106 mph.
    With the stock 4 cell battery.

It was nice to find out that the manufacturer
    didn’t lie about the speed the plane would have. 🙂

I had a nice flight with John A we were both running 3 cell packs in the bears.
    the 3 cell pack gives a good speed to work with, more controllable.

The plane is so light it just does not slow down in a hard turn.

I’m ready to race.

President RVRC

I’m having an issue setting mine up.  I’m using an ORX V3 receiver with stabilization.  When I have everything hooked up my ailerons are running in unison, like another elevator.  The ORX has L and R aileron outputs.  Am I required to run a “Y” off just one output or is there some way for me to reverse one of the aileron channels without reversing the other?

I can’t wait to get her in the sky!

President RVRC

I’ve never used the orx but it would seem to me they would have to be on separate channels for a single surface to react to stabilization. If not you could simple flip the servo over.

Anonymous
    Inactive

If I recall, there are dip switches for normal / reverse of the gyro correction. As far as movement based on stick input, you need to reverse that in the TX.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I read that too fast. If I’m not mistaken, Ail 1 and 2 should operate in reverse directions from each other on its own, coming out of those ports on the RX. If they are running the same, that “sounds” like a problem in the RX.

I think Patch and Whitt both have that RX in their Bears, I’m sure they can offer if they used the 2 ports vs a Y connector etc.

The dip switch to reverse gyro “correction” direction should impact both of those ports when flipped, just like reversing the servo direction for Aileron in your TX would for proper stick movement..

President RVRC

Exactly that’s why it can’t be done in the tx. It’s not on a separate channel when it receives tx commands. Or so I would think. The only solution I would think to be to reverse the servo. Since it is not digital this would have to be done manually.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I used a Y connector.  Done.

I tried seperate ports but could not get control and gyro to work correctly, so just said screwit and used a Y harness.

Be sure to turn the gains way down.  Otherwise you’ll get some wicked hunting.  Also be sure to get aswitch set up to turn the gyros off in flight (just to be safe).

President RVRC

Ok, I’ll pick up a Y-harness.  Thanks

Reversing direction in the tx or rx just causes both of them to go down when I push right instead of going up when I push right.  And the servo only fits in one direction, so you can’t just flip it.

I guess I need to do some research on what’s required to be able to turn off the gyro’s through the aux channel.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Found the doc I used when I had set my Orange up. This should help:

http://www.lee-jones.com/ebay/download/V3Manual.pdf

President RVRC

Ah there you go. Nice J. It says you can reverse it by a dip switch or something.

Whitt you might want to do this if the orx allows for independent ail control. That way if the left wing dips it might only use the left servo bank to correct. Again I’m speaking out of my $%% b/c I don’t own one however I do know Eagletree’s guardian works this way. 2 cents, cha-ching

President RVRC

Thanks for the link, very helpful.

Like I said, reversing the servo direction changes Both servos, and I only need to reverse one.

I’ll be stopping by Ronnie’s for a “Y” harness this afternoon.

President RVRC

I’m assuming that if it worked for Whitt then the servos must be installed correctly already. I don’t know where in this thread I got the idea they were not opposed..

Anonymous
    Inactive

The Y harness will work since it sends the same signal to both servos. The RX Ports are sending opposing signals by default, and that is hard coded. Reversing will reverse both with relation to either gyro correction (via dip switch), or TX reversing (to correct stick direction). There is def no way to reverse only one of the RX’s Ail ports.

What Eric experienced makes perfect sense. Only two solutions would be as Josh mentioned, to mechanically reverse a servo, or as Whitt mentioned, use the Y-harness.

This particular airframe is set-up for the Y-harness solution. 🙂

Patch
    Participant
    Greetings all
    I did happen to come across an accessory that you plug in between the
    receiver and the servo to reverse the direction. Maybe that will help.
    Try this link. I sure like running a pattern with a couple more
    Bear in the sky.

<span style="font-family: Consolas;">https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=servo%20signal%20reverser</span>
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.