Freewing Stinger 64 EDF

Forums Airplanes Electric Airplanes Freewing Stinger 64 EDF

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 10 years ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 795 times
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Bringing this over from the old forum for anyone interested in a fun little EDF…

Picked up a Freewing Stinger 64 EDF (stock image below)…

Should be a fun little plane (literally, just over 27″ wingspan, its pretty small). Its set-up to fly with a 4S 2200mah LIPO turning a 3500kv outrunner turning the fan.

I also opted to install the optional landing gear. Sure, it’ll take away from the look a little in the air, but do love the look of an EDF taking off from our runway, and have never been a big fan of hand launching. I’m not worried about the drag since it seems to have plenty of power on 4S for this small / sleek airframe.

Very nice kit. The foam molding, paint, and decals are all top notch.

Everything is built to screw together with the only glue being used to secure the small turtle deck covering the rudder and elevator servo lead tunnel, and for me, the landing gear. Without the gear, it would easily be ready for airtime inside of 30 minutes from opening the box.

Plugged in, all control surfaces line up perfectly with no adjustments needed to any of the control horns at 0 trim.

Anonymous
    Inactive

She flies great, clip below from the maiden.

First EDF for me, will take a little getting used to, but it should be lots of fun once I get a few more flights under my belt.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.