ParkZone Sport Cub

Forums Airplanes Electric Airplanes ParkZone Sport Cub

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    President RVRC

http://www.parkzone.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=PKZ6880

^ for some reason the Insert/edit Link is greyed out??  Hopefully just typing it creates a link without having to cut and past.  We’ll see. . .

I preordered one through Ronnie.  Hopefully it will be a good solid plane.  I wish I could easily transport a Carbon-Z Cub, but I can’t.  So I wait until “early June”.

I also told Ronnie to get me a servo for the flaps and the float set.  With a bit more time at the field maybe I’ll be comfortable enough to take it out on my uncles pontoon boat before the end of this summer.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Looks nice! Didn’t even realize they had one coming out in that size range.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Does it have plug in wings like the bigger one?  I might have to pick one up, been wanting a Cub for a while.  Hopefully 3s 2200’s will fit.  The pic in the link looked like they will.

President RVRC

The parts listing has 1 main wing, no R/L.  I hope it will be easily removable.

The plane is designed for 1300-2200 batteries.  We’ll just have to wait and see if you can actually get it balanced with a 2200.  It might not be possible since the picture shows the 1300 jammed all the way to the front.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    President RVRC

Well now I have to go get that ASK21 so you can offer me a tow 🙂

President RVRC

That would be sweet.

Anonymous
    Inactive

PS, the link buttons work when you highlight text you’d like to create a link from. AKA type whatever you want to be the link text, such as “click here”, highlight that text, then the link buttons will be enabled.

Assuming you don’t care to make it all pretty, simply pasting or typing the link in the message obviously works just fine.

for some reason the Insert/edit Link is greyed out?? ….

Anonymous
    Inactive

Its also worth noting that this will come with the new AR636 AS3X receiver which may have some of the complaints around the AR635 corrected. I.e. ability for computer programming, etc…

Is it here yet?? 😛

PS: Sure looks like there’s plenty of room to put a 2200 in there. Heavier battery wouldn’t need to move any farther forward, it may actually need to come back some.

President RVRC

Well, it came and went, lol.

It was a good plane; I’ll probably get another if that one doesn’t fall down from the tree.

One warning about the AR 636:  It is ONLY programmable via computer.  There is no way to program it with a transmitter.  And you are required to buy a $15 cable in order to program it.  I like my AR635 better.  It is more confusing then it needs to be to adjust the gains, but it isn’t impossible without giving e-flight more $ for a cable.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.