Piro Flips – Sim Time Fun

Forums RotorTown Electric Helis Piro Flips – Sim Time Fun

• This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 9 years, 4 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 668 times
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Ok, piro flips.  A really neat “trick” that is not easy to learn.  For those that don’t know, a piro flip is a flip done while pirouetting (constant rudder turn).  The trick is to “stir” the cyclic while holding a constant rudder input.  The speed of the stir is  directly related to the piro speed.  The depth of the cyclic stir determines the flip to piro ratio (deeper stirs result in more flips per piro, shallower means more piros per flip).  Once it clicks, it unlocks a ton of transition moves and generally looks cool.  The second hurdle is to make the collective transitions properly.  Below is a short vid of a bunch of piro flips I did on the sim last night.  be sure to watch the transmitter inputs to see the stir and collective management.  These are getting better, but I still need a lot of practice.

Datalyss
    Keymaster

I’ll keep simmin’ & get there eventually … an hour a day keeps the crashes away!!

Watch the Hawks … & they'll find the thermals

Anonymous
    Inactive

Nice piro flips.

I’ll see your piro flips and raise with some sim blade scrapes. neXt as a burn the asphalt Easter egg it seems. 🙂

I’ll have to record one with some honest piro-flips soon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.