Request for approved policy to deal with Summit property damages

Forums General Chat Request for approved policy to deal with Summit property damages

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Marshall McClung
    Participant

To RVRC Board:

In past newsletter communication, it was stated if your plane damages Summit property, it would be  your financial responsibility for any repairs. When recently asked, Whitt informed me RVRC “will most likely so” pay for recent Summit roof damages.

By RVRC’s October monthly meeting, I ask the Board to submit to the membership for approval a written black and white policy to deal with this situation going forward. This policy would be incorporated into the RVRC Safety Code.

In my opinion, a dangerous liability precedent is established if RVRC takes prime responsibility for any Summit damages. It also sends the message to members that “you do not have to be concerned with damaging Summit’s property because RVRC will pay for it”.

Hopefully, a policy will be structured which would be consistent for all members and eliminate any “case by case” decision.

Thank you for your consideration.

Marshall McClung

Datalyss
    Keymaster

Marshall,

The RVRC Board Of Directors understands your concerns and opinions regarding liability and cost that would affect the club and membership as a whole.

Would you be willing, since you were a former Mr. President and aware of the legality involved in this sensitive matter, to draft a proposal to present before the next BOD meeting in February?

Sincerely,

David Vietmeier

RVRC Secretary Elect

Watch the Hawks … & they'll find the thermals

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.