WOS V

Forums Events WOS V

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    President RVRC

Wings Over Salem V is going to be held this year on June 14-15th. Which is again Father’s Day weekend. This date was chosen by the club so we could continue to have the event in June without conflicting VA fly-ins. It is posted on the AMA site now and I have received the go flight packet.

The flyer is posted in the Announcement section of the website. Click on the header banner for WOS V to be directed. Feel free to print and post publicly everywhere. Also anyone with press connections feel free to provide my info, if needed, to anyone. We could use all the press we can muster. Hopefully we can get the local networks to help us out again.

The BOD will be holding a meeting next week to discuss game plans and we will have work load sign up sheets and itinerary posted in the club house. We can use all the help we can get so anyone wanting to help out or has ideas for the event feel free to call me.

Thanks for your continued support with the event every year!

Best Regards,

Josh

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just in case anyone hasn’t visited the WOS V page, a link is below.

You should be able to download and print the flyer, as always, we can use all the help we can get in spreading the word about the event!

Wings Over Salem V

President RVRC

Whoever printed flyers and stuck them at Ronnie’s WAY TO GO! That’s awesome.

update: WOSV general BOD meeting was had. Plans have been reviewed and we are gearing up.

Thanks to Matt Shimchock we have outstanding artwork to present you guys with and the shirt order is in the works. We choose a single color (front/back) design to keep costs down. Members should be looking at around a $11-$14 per shirt price. They will be made available to the general public for around $20 with proceeds to the Wounded Warrior Project.

We are working on full scale attractions. If anyone has any ideas please hit us up. Or if you can bring in something in let us know. We are also looking for a ground to air handheld if anyone has one PLEASE let me know. All this will be dependent on runway conditions and if we can get it cut and cleared.

Please if anyone works for/owns a business willing to donate anything for the raffle let me know. We will gladly put they’re info on our event banners and thank them all day during the event. Of course money would be great but anything is good. Please remind them it’s for our raffle (our biggest money generator) and the proceeds will go to WWP.

Lastly, a work sign up sheet will be made available very soon. It will be in the club house but I will also copy it here. Main duties will be field marshal, shuttle, raffle, registration. One hour shifts and we should have more than enough members to keep these positions filled during the show hours (9-5).  Note there will be night flying but like Joe Nall this is open flying and members are asked to marshal safety by making sure pilots adhere to RVRC and AMA safety code.

Gentlemen, spread the word! Tell your friends, family, out of town flying buddies ect. let’s make this a giant success! Again any questions, comments, concerns please don’t hesitate to contact me. 540.314.8866 , joshmay1@comcast.net

President RVRC

New shuttle program for the event, brought to you from DARPA.

http://droner.ca/black-knight-multicopter-incredible-first-flight-video/

Anonymous
    Inactive

O_o

Does it have agility mode, or do you just operate it?

W

Anonymous
    Inactive

Is the sign-up sheet in the clubhouse yet? Just put me down for both days.

President RVRC

Just gotta sew up the liability package, that one might be a wee bit tougher..

President RVRC

Thanks to Richard and Cox Cummunications for donating this for our raffle event.  It’s a NEXUS7 tablet. Also Roy has graciously donated a brand new Showstring for the event as well. Roy was brought into the club by coming to WOSIII and winning a plane. He and his wife stayed the entire event and actually won the prize as a non member. He joined up the following meeting and has been addicted ever since. Talk about pay it forward this comes out of Roy’s pocket. Kudos to you sir!

President RVRC

The sign up sheet will be in the clubhouse. Please sign up so we all can fly. Any questions on duties please feel free to ask.

Also shirts are in. Come to the June meeting to get yours!

President RVRC

<h6>Upload Errors:</h6>

1. image.jpg: File exceeds allowed file size.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.