- stores temporary cookies that are removed when you close the browser window, such as a user session identifier;
- stores cookies (yes/no) for remembering what things have been turned off/closed;
- stores cookies for improving the usability of engaging aspects such as the chat room or forum (in particular, auto-saving of partly typed posts);
- stores other kinds of cookie that are mentioned before they are set;
- logs basic information pertaining to your computer including your IP address, web browser name, and operating system;
- stores other information that you explicitly enter, such as your account information, or forum posts;
- if you are logged in, your member profile will update the publicly displayed time that you last visited (which will also be stored in a cookie), and you will show as online (unless you login as invisible).
We may occasionally send bulk emails about RVRC, or matters relating to Roanoke Valley Radio Control to our members. We will not send bulk e-mails or allow others to send bulk e-mails, which we believe would be considered spam.
We will not share private details other than what can be seen in the forum profile and public postings unless legally required to do so.
The staff reserve the right to read any personal topics and posts placed on this website. Any form of conversation made through this website should be considered viewable by staff. All private-posts and posts, whether 'deleted' or not, are stored on the server and may be reviewed if we feel we have cause for an investigation. If you do want to keep something private, do not use our services for transmitting it. Situations involving investigations can be anything at our discretion, for example, to investigate specific incidents of our services being used for racism or harassment.
Use of the shopping cart may cause a non-logged-in-user's session to stick around for a longer than normal period of time, using a cookie, in order to keep the cart from being lost.
User Submitted Data
Because of the community nature of this site, any and all information you submit to RVRC.org should be considered publicly viewable - present and future. Submissions to RVRC.org include any and all information you type into any
field within the RVRC.org website (with the exception of any passwords).
RVRC.org will not give out or sell your email address to third parties.
RVRC.org will only contact you through the provided email address with important news about RVRC.org site related issues, RVRC club related announcements, or for matters directly related to your account.
Contests and Promotions
Any information you submit when entering a contest will only be used to facilitate your contest entry. We will seek your permission if such data will be used in any other ways.
In some instances such as legal action and the enforcement of website Terms of Service and Rules, RVRC.org may be required to reference and use information provided and/or gleaned as a result of your interactions with the RVRC.org or associated sites.
Server Logs and Website Statistics
Like the vast majority of websites, RVRC.org collects server log information such as IP address, browser type, operating system etc. RVRC.org refers to this information on aggregate (no personally identifiable information) and uses it for internal website optimization purposes and to validate traffic claims with potential advertisers.
In the case that RVRC.org goes through a change in operations such as a merger, acquisition, partial exchange of assets and/or funds and such actions significantly affect this privacy statement, you will be given 15 days notice to re-accept or decline such changes in regards to your future relationship with RVRC.org.
Notification of Changes
RVRC.org may be required to turn over your information when deemed necessary by law.
RVRC.org can be reached through the Contact Us page of RVRC.org.
Logged in members may choose which fields display publicly