Parkzone ArtiZan

Forums Airplanes Electric Airplanes Parkzone ArtiZan

• This topic has 1 reply, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 12 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 982 times
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Saturday morning was a bit foggy, to say the least, but it was dead calm, and I had a Parkzone ArtiZan ready for maiden, so down to the field I went before the rain rolled in.

What this isn’t… A high performance unlimited vertical, or 3D flight capable machine.

What it is…. A very docile yet aerobatic plane perfect for anyone stepping up from a trainer into more spirited aerobatic flight.

I was thoroughly impressed by its smooth handling and straight / true tracking.

While maybe a little underpowered (maybe just my perspective coming off the EDF..), it still has plenty of grunt for all of the basics, flies equally well at slower speeds and full throttle. Inverted flight is stable as can be, as was knife edge.

While it wasn’t particularly windy on Saturday, the AS3X should make it a good candidate to handle a fair bit of wind as well.

Both take-offs and landings are completely uneventful with no bad behaviors related to either, particularly impressive IMO for a taildragger.

If you can fly a T-28, you’ll be plenty comfortable and have room to grow. I also wouldn’t hesitate to recommend this as a first low wing aircraft.

I stopped having fun when visibility through the fog started to end at the edges of the runway, but even then, a few single pass take-offs and landings were fun. This will probably become a staple in my field fleet since it easily fits in the jeep with a few heli’s charge box, etc…

Flight time was about 6 minutes on a 3S 1800, and longer running 2200mah batteries which there is plenty of room for under the hatch.
    If you have any questions, fire away.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just have to say, that I continue to be impressed by the way the airframe flies.

After too many flights filled with just tossing planes around, I’ve gotten inspired to work more on precision, and some basic F3A maneuvers. While the ArtiZan is certainly not a full-fledged pattern plane by any means, it has enough of the right characteristics to get through the maneuvers pretty well. Certainly well enough to challenge / improve my current skill-set around fixed-wing precision aerobatics.

This is not to mention that landings are just plain fun with it. I’ll admit, I did spend 2 full packs just shooting landings with it on one quiet night at the field a little while back…

This one still gets a big thumbs-up from me.

I think it may be time to start-up an F3A thread, or maybe even forum topic at some point. Until recently, I had never really taken the time to review and understand the intricacies of the actual F3A maneuvers, and while I don’t have any true interest in getting anywhere near competition level, it has absolutely renewed my interest in improving my fixed-wing skills, and given me a renewed passion for flying fixed-wing overall. It is relaxing, yet challenging at the same time.

That said, banging sticks is still fun once in a while too. 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.