Trex 450 Pro DFC Revisited

Forums RotorTown Electric Helis Trex 450 Pro DFC Revisited

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years, 11 months ago by Anonymous. This post has been viewed 612 times
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

All things eventually come full circle, and so it is with my Align Trex 450 Pro DFC.

I had thought that I was done with the Trex’s, but no, they’re my mCPXs now.  It seems that I have a lack of fear flying these, just like the mCPX used to be for me.  I still respect them for the harm they can do, but experience a lack of shakes when flying outside of my comfort zone (unlike the Warp and Goblin 500).  It is essential for skill progression to fly outside of this zone and get the flow of the sticks and get comfortable with the aircraft doing some crazy gyrations.  Seems that this zone has a smaller foot print with the Warp, Goblin and Whiplash compared to the T450, T500 and T600.  So, the 450 ends up being my go-to heli for turning shaky hesitant dabbles of maneuvers into reflex driven skills.

This airframe isn’t quite a stock 450 Pro DFC though.  The head was changed out for an FL style FBL  with separate driver arms (I’m not a fan of non-Compass DFC heads).  The tail rotor hub and grips are from a 450L Dominator with three bearings per grip.  The ESC is a Castle Creations Phoenix 450 governed at 3400, with a CC 10A BEC driving the radio gear.  FBL control is by BeastX (AR7200BX) and not Align 3GX.  Blades are stock tail, Thunder Power 330 mains (they said 325, but they are longer than stock Align 325).  Servos are Align 415 cyclic and 525 tail (stock).  I just replaced the gear sets on the cyclics and it is super tight again (wore out the last set).  Also, batteries are Pulse 65C 2250, and these really light it up.  Same price as Eflight 30C 2200’s, but much more consistent power delivery and head speeds.

Here’s a flight from yesterday afternoon.  Thanks to Patch for filming (as always, great job).

http://youtu.be/_LZS-8aeN9s

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.